A couple of sunny days this month tricked us into thinking that winter is over, however, it seems that it’ll last a little bit longer than we initially thought. Because of this, you might be thinking about purchasing a slouchy beanie – or several of them – that’ll protect your ears and head from the wind, snow, and cold.
But, such hats are completely different from traditional ones, which is why you might have some problems with figuring out how to wear and style them. Luckily for all individuals that are facing the same dilemma, our list can help! Here are the top four ways that you can wear slouchy beanies as a model:
1. Pulling it All The Way Down
One of the first options that you can opt for is pulling it all the way down, however, you should know that it works best with shorter slouchy beanies – commonly referred to as the fisherman style. By pulling it all the way down, it’ll snug your entire head, it won’t cover your eyes, but it’ll definitely keep you warm! Keep in mind, some options available on the market can be extremely short, which means that your ears might be visible, thus, be careful when browsing, especially if you don’t want your ears to freeze!
2. Leave The Back Folded
Whether you choose to purchase a longer slouchy beanie hat or one that is shorter, this particular styling option will work for both. Now, when you place it on your head, you should make sure that some material is left in the back, mostly because you’ll want to leave it folded. If you want or need to, you could even choose how it’ll fold, hence, play around with the back a little bit to see which style you like best.
3. Slouchy All The Way!
If you’ve already purchased a long-style beanie bag or one that is cuffed, you might want to opt for going slouchy all the way, especially since you’ll be able to unroll the cuffed area and work with the excess material. As the name implies, you’ll only have to put it over your head, at whatever position you prefer and like, and simply fold the leftover material at the back so that it hangs as you want to.
Now, you might want to know, a lot of celebrities prefer wearing long-styled beanies such as the ones offered by www.forbusitehats.com. In fact, some celebrities such as David Beckham are thought to be responsible for bringing back beanie hats, and if you want to, you can check out some photographs of him wearing them if you wish to replicate his style or if you want to see which brand he opted for.
4. Pull it Backwards
If you cut your bangs often or if you simply don’t like the feeling of a hat covering your hairline or forehead, one of the styling options that you could choose is pulling the hat backward. Simply take the opening part and place it a few inches away from your bangs or hairline, however, you should make sure that you don’t place it too far back since this can cause it to slide and fall. You could pull it over your ears to make it more secure.
How to Choose a Beanie?
If you haven’t purchased a beanie hat yet, you might be wondering whether or not there are some tips that could help you choose. Although it’ll all come down to your preferences and style, there are some common features that you should consider, especially if you want to ensure that you can combine them with the clothes you have. Hence, some of the things that you should consider when browsing for a beanie are the following:
- Firstly, Look at The Material – before anything else, you should consider the material of the beanie hat. Of course, there are several options to choose from including wool, acrylic, synthetic, and cotton option. The material you opt for will depend on your preferences, nonetheless, you should know that each of them has its drawbacks and benefits, hence, do some digging on each of the materials before choosing something that you’ll wear.
- Next Think About The Features – reversible or ribbed? Cuffed or chunky? Earflaps or brimmed? Yup, a beanie can have a wide range of features, which is why it’s incredibly important for you to determine what you like. Again, one of the easiest ways to determine this is to browse through different options and see what works for you best. For instance, reversible options will allow you to have two color options, which means that you don’t have to purchase separate hats.
- The Colors & Prints – while on the topic of colors, this is something that you must consider as well, especially if you want to easily match it with your outfit and other accessories such as a scarf. For instance, if you opt for a beanie manufactured from artificial materials, they might feature funny and quirky prints, however, one manufactured from wool most likely won’t have them. So, depending on what you prefer, think about the colors and prints as well.
- The Occasion – lastly, you should think about when you’ll wear it. Of course, a beanie is perfect for casual outfits, however, when it comes to formal attire, you might want to skip wearing it. A beanie can also easily be combined with sports clothes, meaning that you can wear it to the gym, while running, and so on. Also, if your workplace is casual and relaxed, you can wear it, otherwise, it might not be wise.
If you choose to purchase a slouchy beanie, you must opt for trying some of the styling options we’ve mentioned above, especially since it’ll ensure that you wear it in the correct way. Additionally, when browsing through your options, you might want to follow the tips we’ve mentioned, mostly because it’ll ensure that you choose something that suits your style.
Since you now know how you can wear this type of hat – as well as what you need to look for when browsing through some options – don’t lose time. Instead, you should start browsing different online and brick-and-mortar businesses to find a beanie that suits your needs, preferences, and, of course, style.