Looking for family-friendly vacation ideas for this summer? According to Airbnb, destinations like Helsinki, Split in Croatia, North Vancouver, Dallas and St Louis are some of the up-and-coming destinations popular among families for summer travel this year.
That’s according to new Airbnb statistics, based on projected annual growth in guest arrivals over the Memorial Day weekend in the United States (May 29).
Globally, the top trending destination for family travel is Fortaleza, Brazil, where growth is projected to spike 380% , followed by St Kilda in Melbourne (260%) and Helsinki (200%).
Airbnb also calls them destinations for families who “think outside the box”.
In a survey conducted by Harris earlier this year for Airbnb, 34% said their family vacations are multi-generational affairs that include grandparents. One in five said they travel with friends on family vacations.
Airbnb claims to have 2.3 million listings which are considered family-friendly, with amenities like kitchens, WiFi and pools.
In top Airbnb travel markets, which include Paris, Los Angeles, Sydney, London and San Francisco, half of listings tick off the box for family-friendly. — AFP Relaxnews
Here are the destinations:
• Fortaleza, Brazil – 380%
• St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia – 260%
• Helsinki, Finland – 200%
• North Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada – 160%
• Mexico City, Mexico – 160%
• Tahoe areas (Kings Beach, Sunnyside, Truckee), United States – 160%
• St Louis, Missouri – 150%
• Dana Point, Orange County California – 150%
• Split, Croatia – 140%
• Pupukea, Oahu, Hawaii – 140%
• Dallas, Texas – 120%
• Malibu, California – 110%
• Minneapolis, Minnesota – 110%
• Marrakesh, Morocco – 110%
• Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii – 100%