We bet you’ve seen it! Scrolling through google looking for “best stress-relief remedy” and notice CBD or CBD oil or CBD gummies make quite a lot of appearances. This is because CBD has shown real promise in alleviating stress and anxiety.
Whether you take them in oil, gummies, powder, or sprays, CBD has been proven to decrease stress levels and provide calmness. But it can backfire and cause other problems if they’re not taken properly. So check out some safe ways to take CBD for stress relief.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of the 80 active compounds in the cannabis sativa plant. Cannabis’ THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is another active compound that causes the high and is impairing. CBD, however, is not damaging and will not cause people to get “high” when taken in its various forms.
Although it has been established that CBD does not belong to the mind-altering substances found in cannabis, it still gets a bad rap. People are hesitant just because it is found in cannabis and, therefore, disregard its amazing benefits. And CBD has plenty of fantastic benefits for both the mind and body.
Benefits of CBD
The benefits of CBD mentioned below are all backed by scientific evidence,
- Helps with stress, anxiety and depression.
- Helps to reduce PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) symptoms.
- Helps treat insomnia.
- Alleviates sharp and intense pains, also pains related to cancer.
- Provides pain-relief for arthritis patients.
- Helps diabetic patients with difficulty in bladder control and others.
- A fantastic treatment for opioid addiction recovery.
- Helps treat specific symptoms of epilepsy.
- Great for treating neurological disorders such as Parkinsons’.
Drawbacks of CBD
While CBD has more positives than negatives, a few drawbacks are worth mentioning. Thankfully, most of these are side-effects and well-tolerated!
- Nausea and headaches.
- Dry mouth.
- Less appetite.
- Low Blood-Pressure.
- Fatigue and drowsiness.
- Interference with other drugs or medications.
- Higher doses can lead to liver injury.
- Depending on what form it is taken in, it can have minimal impact on treating the symptoms.
CBD For Stress-Relief
One of the most popular benefits of CBD is how effective it is at managing stress and anxiety. Well-grounded research suggests that CBD can significantly reduce multiple forms of anxiety in patients. Even when administered in low doses, CBD proved to be effective in noticeably decreasing stress and anxiety.
Not only does CBD reduce stress and anxiety, but it also combats other issues, such as insomnia and fatigue. Along with improving symptoms associated with anxiety and stress, CBD has shown incredible results in lowering PTSD signs, such as replaying traumatic memories, nightmares, and unexpected emotional outbursts.
CBD’s success in relieving anxiety and depression is not reserved for patients with such issues. However, CBD has greatly improved their mood and proved highly effective even in those with minimal anxiety symptoms.
Safe Ways To Take CBD For Stress Relief
The best way to take CBD for stress relief is the safe way. But, unfortunately, now you’ll be bombarded and overwhelmed with all the online content that will suggest you purchase many CBD products to treat your stress and anxiety.
Sadly, that will stress you out even more.
If you’re considering CBD as a treatment for stress-relief and anxiety issues, it is best to consult your doctor for advice on which form to use.
This is because not all forms tend to suit the body and may cause adverse effects.
Click here to purchase high-quality CBD products from a brand that has been trusted and sworn by professionals for years.
Below are some safe and effective ways to take CBD for your stress and anxiety, categorized by their forms so you can make an informed decision.
CBD capsules are great because you get precise dosing in each capsule. So you’re more than likely not to overdose or underdose. Capsules are easier to take and taste-free, so you don’t have to worry about unpleasant aftertastes. Follow the steps below to ensure the safe dosing of CBD capsules,
- Take doses as prescribed in the bottle or by a medical professional. Never take more than advised because you think it isn’t working. Capsules take longer to digest and will work at their own pace.
- Don’t mix them with other drugs and take them altogether. This can have serious consequences.
- Don’t crush it to form a powder and take it with liquid, as it may affect its effectiveness.
The most popular form of CBD, gummies offer a better user experience than other forms. This is because gummies are pleasant smelling and have a sweet taste and flavor while also providing CBD benefits. Much like capsules, their dosages are accurate and easier to ingest. Gummies and capsules are also a cleaner option and easier to store. See below for tips on how to make sure you’re getting the most out of CBD gummies
- Because they taste good, don’t take more gummies than prescribed in the bottle or by a medical professional.
- While they aren’t capsules, they can still pose risks if taken with other medications.
Another popular form of CBD, these have the most bioavailability of any form, which means that its beneficial properties are absorbed into the blood quicker than capsules or gummies. CBD oils are also easier to swallow and can be added to other food and drinks, and they can also be applied topically on the skin or hair. CBD oil is recommended for pets with anxiety. These are some ways you can take your CBD oil safely,
- Just like any other form of CBD, take recommended dosages. Since it is in liquid form, overdosing or underdosing is possible, so be mindful of the quantity each time.
- If applying topically, remember to do a patch test first to see if you’re allergic to any ingredients.
- Don’t mix CBD oil with soft drinks or alcohol; this may adversely affect your digestive system.
As Powder Or Sprays
Another effective way to consume CBD, the powder form has more bioavailability than oil. It is easier to store and is odorless and tasteless, meaning no weird smell or aftertaste. CBD infused sprays are great and easy to use. Check out safe ways to take CBD powder or sprays,
- You can mix the powder into cooking or baking but remember to check with the ingredients on the container and do your research before mixing ingredients.
- Powder and spray, getting the correct dosage, can be tricky. So be careful when you’re taking it.
- When taken nasally, remember to spray properly without congesting your nose. Also, do a patch test on your skin before your nose.
Things To Remember
- Remember that CBD products may not suit everybody, so research before incorporating them into your lifestyle and/or diet.
- This cannot be emphasized enough, but the correct dosage is crucial for your CBD products to relieve stress.
- Have patience; every new active ingredient takes its sweet time to impact your body and mind.
We hope you found this article informative! CBD products have made waves in treating stress and anxiety issues, and it really helps in alleviating those pesky mood swings and drowsiness. With proper and safe usage, you can truly reap the wonderful benefits of CBD. Share with your friends and family so they can jump on the CBD bandwagon and relieve their stress.
1. How Can I Use CBD For Dogs?
Ans: CBD has proven very effective in treating dogs for various ailments such as anxiety, pain-relief, digestive issues, and joint support. They can also treat seizures and epileptic symptoms in older dogs. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is excellent for medicating many different problems. It is also used to treat dogs with low appetite and behavioral issues such as being scared easily and/or getting aggressive. You can use both CBD oil and gummies to treat dogs. But be careful about the dosage, as overdosing can harm your pet’s health. Always remember to consult with your veterinarian before you give your dog CBD.
2. Is CBD-Infused Cosmetics Better Than Regular Cosmetics?
Ans: CBD’s strongest benefit is relieving stress and anxiety. Using it in skincare and makeup can have calming benefits, and its antioxidant properties can also deliver a hydrating and anti-aging advantage on the skin.
Also the anti-inflammatory aspects, Vitamins A, D, and E, along with some essential fatty acids, aid in repairing the damaged skin barrier. CBD in cosmetics helps with dry skin, early psoriasis, and extreme eczema. It also helps treat acne by regulating sebum (excess oil) and prevents acne in the future. In makeup products, it can make your makeup last long while giving skincare benefits. People with sensitive skin can also benefit from CBD-infused skincare and makeup.