Wondering what everyone else’s makeup plans are for the upcoming festivities? Don’t fret if you have not planned out your beauty looks. You still have time. Check out these three lovely Malaysian ladies’ favourite products for the Lunar New Year, and maybe you’ll get some inspiration.
Chaniel Lum Bao Yi, 22, freelancer
“I prefer a vibrant look with matching shades of red lip colours. Since most of my clothes are darker in colour, such makeup would balance out my overall look to give me that Chinese New Year feel!”
Chaniel’s must-have makeup for Chinese New Year:
● 3INA The Ultra Volume Mascara (Black): This is my daily go-to item and most definitely a must-have this Chinese New Year. It gives a casual yet subtle glamorous feel to complement my Chinese New Year makeup looks.
● Etude House Quick and Easy Matt & Glitter Liquid Shadow (02 Innocent Blossom): This pigmented glitter shadow is really shiny which fits the festive mood. Plus, it does not smudge easily even in our hot and humid weather!
Monnie Tee Suet Ling, 22, public relations executive
“During Chinese New Year, I usually tend to go lighter on the base makeup for a more natural and long-lasting finish. I focus more on eye makeup instead and make sure to top off the look off with a nice red-hued lip colour.”
Monnie’s must-have makeup for Chinese New Year:
● Innisfree Auto Eyebrow Pencil (#5 Espresso Brown): Well-groomed eyebrows can really help to enhance a person’s face so it’s a must have for my sparse brows. This innisfree pencil is super affordable, super smooth and easy to use! The product lasts for a fairly long period of time and doesn’t smudge, making it essential during Chinese New Year when I’m out and about spending long hours visiting relatives and friends.
● Mamonde Creamy Tint Color Balm Intense (#6 Baby Rose): Lip products can really brighten up one’s complexion and this is my go-to lip colour. This lip balm not only glides on easily it doesn’t dry out the lips despite it being a semi-matte finish. It can also double up as a blusher due to its creamy nature so I don’t need to carry around two separate products, allowing me to pack lighter for trips back to my hometown during the festive season!
Lim Shawn Leng, 26, insurance agent
“I’m definitely not experimental when it comes to makeup because I always have difficulty with doing makeup for my eyes! But this Chinese New Year, I prefer a more natural look, with a light touch of mascara to enhance my eyes.”
Shawn’s must-have makeup for Chinese New Year:
● H&M Glittery Lip Gloss (Pink): I’m really into keeping my skin as natural looking as possible and this lip gloss has a very light touch of pink which blends well with my tan skin tone and makes my skin look brighter. It gives my lips a slightly coloured and festive feel, yet is not overly shiny!
● Laneige X YCH Skin Veil Base Dot Cushion: I love dabbing it around my face and neck as it helps brighten up my skin tone. It has little bits of glittery effects on the skin and will help me look glowy throughout Chinese New Year.