When it comes to romance, no other city compares to Paris. Therefore, it is an ideal setting for an unexpected marriage Paris proposal. Paris is an international melting pot rich in culture, history, architecture, and fashion. Something we appreciate about Paris is how commonplace it is for couples to walk about holding hands and kissing.
Paris is popular for weddings and other special occasions because of its abundance of romantic settings, including well-known sites and less well-known alleyways. Therefore, Paris can accommodate you if you want a grand, crowd-filled public Paris proposal or a small, private rooftop exchange.
In conclusion, this is the perfect place to discover a proposal planner that can assist you in organizing a proposal that you will never forget. Find a photographer for rent to record your proposal in all its unexpected glory.
Where to Propose in Paris?
There are three places to propose in Paris. What are they?
- Pont Alexandre III: For its intricate design, this bridge easily ranks among Paris’s most aesthetically pleasing. A Paris proposal here in the early evening is romantic while the sun sets. After the event, head to one of the bars along Rue Cler.
- Palais Garner: Luxurious setting. As the day begins, there are fewer people about. You can read more here.
- Montmartre: Amazing vista of the city. If you want to avoid crowds, the ideal time to go is first thing in the morning.
These three locations in Paris are ideal for popping the question to the person you love. Not only that, but we also have other locations that are tranquil, unexpected, and one-of-a-kind. What do you mean by that? Don’t stop reading these articles, please!
Quiet Places to Propose in Paris
Intentions of popping the question to your significant other in the heart of the City of Love? To assist you in creating the perfect atmosphere for love, we have compiled a list of Paris’s “hidden jewels,” which are peaceful areas ideal for you to propose to your significant other.
- Jardin Des Tuileries: The Louvre Museum is just adjacent to the gardens of Jardin des Tuileries. After spending a few hours admiring some of the world’s most renowned works of art, you two may stroll here and pop the question. The leaves change from green to yellow to orange to red to brown to green in the autumn.
- Square Rene Viviani: Space René Viviani is a lovely public square just opposite Notre Dame Cathedral and is home to what is supposedly Paris’s oldest planted tree. This is the perfect place to pop the question in the spring and summer when the red roses are in full bloom.
- Square Jean XXIII: To succeed, you’ll need to time your moves just so. The cherry blossom trees near Notre Dame Cathedral provide a picturesque setting for a Paris proposal. For about a week in early to mid-April, you may see them in full bloom on Square Jean XXIII. Get there early because it will be crowded with tourists throughout the day.
Unexpected Places to Propose in Paris
- Bir Hakeim Bridge: Visit Pont de Bir Hakeim, which connects the 15th and 16th arrondissements, for a unique perspective on the Eiffel Tower. If you’re planning on proposing here, the best times are either first thing in the morning when the light is the softest or later in the day when the tower shines for five minutes every hour on the hour after sunset.
- A Parisian Cafe: What could be more romantic than proposing over macarons and hot chocolate (or, alternately, a bottle of bubbly) at a quaint Parisian café if your sweetheart has a penchant for sugary treats?
- Louvre Pyramid: Once known as Louvre Castle, this structure is now a museum housing works by some of the most well-known painters in the world. We recommend the courtyard, where the glass pyramids are located, as the ideal setting for a low-key Paris proposal.
Unique Places to Propose in Paris
- A Parisian Rooftop: Rooftops in Paris would provide an unforgettable backdrop for an engagement Paris proposal.
- Pont Des Arts: The view from this apartment is breathtaking, as it looks out over Ile de la Cité and Pont Neuf.
- Place Dauphine: One of the most charming and one-of-a-kind squares that the city of Paris offers.
What to Say When Proposing in Paris
Possessing only a proposal idea and a Parisian location is not sufficient. You should also be prepared with something to say when kneeling. The Paris proposal will be much more enjoyable with this twist. The way you put together the marriage proposal is just as important.
To assist you in formulating the words you will use to make your proposal, here are some questions to consider.
- How did you know she was the one you first laid eyes on her?
- How has your relationship with her improved your quality of life?
- When did you first know she was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?
- In what ways do you hope to grow and change as a couple in the years ahead? How many little ones do you have?
How to Celebrate Your Engagement in Paris
Let’s pretend that your unexpected Paris proposal went off without a hitch. She has called her mom, dad, and closest friend to tell them the exciting news, relieving you of the burden of constantly transporting the ring. Congratulations! Now that you’re engaged, you and your future spouse can concentrate on enjoying your time in Paris.
Our #1 recommendation for commemorating a Paris engagement is to schedule a picture shoot. Perhaps she will be ready to go, and the two of you will be experiencing a unique high. There won’t be another chance like this to document this joy for all time.
The city of Paris has a plethora of reasons to party:
Carette Paris – Breakfast In A Parisian Cafe
Breakfast pastries, coffee, and more would be perfect for a morning Paris proposal. Carette Paris is our go-to for a hearty morning meal in the City of Light.
Ile Saint Louis – Picnic In a Parisian Garden
Depending on the time of year and outside conditions, it may be a fun concept. Baguettes, cheese, and red wine may be found in the majority of grocery stores. Champ de Mars, Ile Saint Louis, and Tuileries are our favorite picnic sites.
Le Calife – Romantic Dinner
A nighttime proposal is best paired with a romantic supper, such as a sail along the Seine. In addition, we recommend Les Ombres and Monsieur Bleu, as well as Jules Verne or the 58th floor of the Eiffel Tower.
Paparazzi Surprise Proposal Tips
You can use these suggestions as a guide if you’re thinking about proposing in Paris with complete surprise:
- One, be in the loop
Organize a signal with your photographer. Tell him you’ve found the perfect place to go down on one knee and let him know when you’re ready by pointing at the exact position. He will handle all other concerns. Wait patiently for others to get out of the way if they are nearby.
- Establishing a prominent position
Put yourself in a spot where the photographer is on one side, and the background you want is on the other. You can gently spin your girlfriend around so she faces the camera if necessary. This will allow us to record her genuine happiness.
- Have fun participating
Don’t instantly look at the photographer after popping the question. Instead, pick her up, kiss her, and have a party to commemorate the occasion. Photos were taken immediately after a successful Paris proposal often become some of the most priceless keepsakes.
Proposing During a Paris Photo Shoot
This is what I’ll refer to as the SAFE solution. Simply said, you need not stress over being in a specific location at a particular time. Instead, you plan to propose a photo session you have scheduled in Paris to commemorate your trip.
And now for the best part… During your time in Paris, you two can take some lovely pictures together, and if you like, you can ask a mutual friend of hers to help set it up for you.
- Your girlfriend will get all dolled up for the photos, and she’ll look beautiful.
- Looking your best with polished attire and a full face of makeup.
- If you want to propose to your future spouse in Paris, you will have access to the most romantic setting possible.
- There won’t be any unwanted bystanders to mar your precious memories.
We are confident that including an engagement picture shoot as part of your Paris proposal would significantly elevate the quality of your trip there. Your future wife will be so appreciative that you prepared everything down to the last detail if you hire a photographer that takes pride in the quality of their work and the happiness it brings to the people in the photographs. You are now prepared to propose in Paris and have amazing pictures taken of the event.