Malaysian Care and Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Istimewa Kajang Selangor (PKIK) are organising a workshop entitled “Understanding and Responding to Children’s Behaviour: A Workshop for Parents”.
It is targeted at parents or caregivers of children aged five to 12 years old with learning disabilities.
It will be conducted by Tan Cheng Yi, a chartered educational psychologist. The workshop will cover:
- What is behaviour?;
- Causes of challenging behaviour;
- What is needed to understand a child’s behaviour;
- Behaviour development in children with learning disabilities;
- How to reduce problem behaviour, and increase positive behaviour; and
- Positive action for children.
The workshop will be held on Saturday, Sept 21, from 9.30am-4.30pm, at Malaysian Care, No 15, Jalan Tasik Selatan 3, Metro Centre, Bandar Tasik Selatan, Kuala Lumpur.
The closing date of registration is Sept 12, 2013.
To register and for enquiries, call the Malaysian Care Toy Library and Parent Resource Centre (ask for Dharshini) at 03-9058 2102 or email email@example.com.