Fans of Zul Ariffin were shocked when a photo of a man’s private part appeared on the actor’s Instagram account.

The 31-year-old actor explained his account had been hacked.

“I had no idea that photo was up there until my friend told me about it,” he said, adding he still doesn’t know who the culprit is.

The explicit photo was uploaded on Zul’s Instagram story last Friday (April 20) around 8pm. It was taken down two minutes later.

Zul, who spoke to reporters at a Hari Raya fashion event in Kuala Lumpur tonight (April 25), changed his password after the incident and hopes it doesn’t happen again.

Asked if he thought the incident could be an act of sabotage by a close friend, Zul responded: “I have no idea.”

The J Revolusi actor is confident the explicit photo won’t have a negative effect on his career.