The happiest place on earth is also the most Instagram-worthy, according to a new index that claims to rank the most Instagrammed tourist destinations around the world.
Not only does Disneyland in California top TravelBird’s (travel booking site) list of the most Instagrammed places around the world, but the #happiestplaceonearth boasts a lead that doubles its nearest rival, the Eiffel Tower.
The number of hashtags for Disneyland rounds up to more than 14.6 million, while the Eiffel Tower has about 7.2 million.
For the list, the online travel agency looked at the number of geo-locating hashtags along with related hashtags.
American sites dominate the list with five destinations, followed by European landmarks in France, Germany and Britain.
Here are the top 10 most Instagrammed places according to the Travelbird’s number crunching:
1. Disneyland, California, United States
2. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
3. Walt Disney World, Florida, United States
4. South Beach, Florida, United States
5. Berlin Wall, Germany
6. Las Vegas Strip, United States
7. Big Ben, London, Britain
8. Times Square, New York, United States
9. Notre-Dame Cathedral, Paris, France
10. Oktoberfest, Bavaria, Germany – AFP Relaxnews